Friday, February 26, 2016

Perfectionism and Remodeling

My brother, Jim and I come by it genetically... the desire to do everything perfectly.  No matter the job, if it bears doing, it means doing it right.  One of the advantages of acquiring a vintage home is the opportunity to test these genetic skills over and over again.

We haven't moved in yet, but already Bill and Jim have begun the task of remodeling the storage building attached to our newly purchased home.  Initially it requires stripping down moldy wall board caused by a leaky roof and then pulling out the old insulation.  After drying out the studs and the now exposed exterior walls, the process of replacing what's been torn out will begin.  The roof is repaired. I'm banned from this room until the drying out process is complete to avoid a full blown asthma attack.

In the meantime, I am working on the kitchen cabinets.  While Bill spray paints the cabinet doors, I am painting the interior of the cabinets and the trim.  All are going from a dark brown faux wood color to bright white.  The result is miraculous.  My brother's work is impeccable.  Moving back here to within a short driving distance from him is priceless.  My heart sings with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment