Saturday, September 5, 2026

Decorating for Fall

September 1st is my clue to start thinking about Fall.  Of course those who know me, know that means decorations.  Moving gave me the opportunity to significantly decrease my decoration collection, but I brought a few favorites along to grace our new home.  Let the holiday season begin!






 
The front door makes a good place for displaying the wall hanging I made, and it wouldn't be Fall without these glass pumpkins.  They reflected interestingly in the mirrored shelves of our dining room but I eventually moved them to our coffee table with a couple of gold leaves.  I like that better.
 
In the process of unpacking these items, I found a cat mobile we purchased in Bisbee, Arizona.  It's now out on our lanai watching for sunsets and "Al" the alligator.  I also uncovered a teddy bear Jimmy gave me when we first met and a stuffed black poodle toy I cherished finding at a store in Mount Vernon, WA after I lost my own black poodle.  With Snoopy's absence heavy on my heart, it was comforting to hug my toys after finding these in the holiday decoration boxes.  Sometimes you just can't outgrow the little kid that resides in the center of your heart.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment